Wednesday, August 14, 2013


Hi girls, it Donna here. It is my turn for What's on Wednesday and I am going to share some techniques for altering some wood veneer that I am sure we have all got in our stash. 


I LOVE using these embellies on my layouts, but sometimes they need just a pop of colour.

A quick and easy way is to cover the veneer is with washi tape. I am sure that we all have a large stash of that hee hee.

I didn't really like the sentiment on this tag so I flipped it over and used the other side.

 
I then used a craft knife and mat to trim the edges and then a sanding block to tidy it up.




I then used a stamp and some stazon ink to add some words to the banner.


Another way I like to alter the veneer is to ink and clear emboss them.




In my previous life I was a card maker and I have lots of ink pads and embossing powders. As I am impatient, I use them as the transformation is fairly instant. 


You can also use Dimensional Magic to do the same thing.

I permanently have a messy mat on my desk for projects just like this. I have had this one for years and I have recently discovered that Ranger has brought out a messy mat as well. They are out of stock in the shop at the moment but Peta has some on back order.. 


I have one of these in my scrap tote.. perfect for taking to retreats or crop days!

Sorry I haven't added any links for products to the shop as it is closed at the moment while Peta is packing to head to Mojo in the morning. Lucky girl! I wish I was going too :(

Don't forget to call back in a few days. I am doing a layout for you with step by step instructions using the new Carta Bella 'Hello Again' Collection kit that has just arrived at the shop. 

And of course I will be using the wood veneer that I have altered as well!


Happy Scrapping!







No comments:

Post a Comment