Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Getting the most out of your kit & tips to use die-cut & sticker embellies!

Welcome to What's on Wednesday -
Hi it's Charmane here to give you a bit of WOW for the week ;)

Recently I've had the chance to have a play with the

SFS Designer Mini Kit - Fancy Pants

  In the kit you will find:

2 x cardstock
2 x double sided Papers from Fancy Pants
1 x Ephemera Pack
1 x Label Sheet
1 x Thickers

The kit is only $16 - and I managed 3 layouts plus a card !

What I loved about this kit was the Ephemera & Label Sheet - lots of cute embellishments to play with...so that's what I did - had a play - and I will show you a few different ways & some tips to use them...

The first layout I want to show you is this one....


 I love this embellishment the most I think - because with just a little bit of string I have created a little kite string, by twirling it around each of the cute little bows that came in the Ephemera Pack... 
I have then twirled around the cute Air balloon and dabbed a bit of glue behind each of the bows to keep it in place...


I have also added a couple of other Label Stickers and an asterisk from the
Chipboard pack to create a cluster, I have added my journalling to the right...
 

I have also created a cluster around the photo - 
using a mix of the Ephemera Pack and the Label sheet...
*tip* I always make sure I stick a little double sided tape to the centre of my photo, so then if I need to I can tuck embellishments UNDER the photo, I find this creates a great layered effect...
 

Here I have added the cute Ephemera flag banner below my title, using staples to secure it...


My next layout I have created is of my son, who rarely gives
me a REAL smile, it's always a forced fake one
 - of course he does laugh and smile all the time,
but because he is over me taking photos of him he doesn't like to!
So, I was happy when I managed to grab this one of him...


I LOVED both sides of the Fancy Pants Red Chevron/Word Paper,
so I decided that I would make the most out of it and cut out the part
that would be covered by the other balloon paper
- I measured enough so that I could still sew around the edges
 - so this is the back of the paper
- not very attractive, but I wanted you to see what I've done
I have used a craft knife & cut it out
 the leftover piece I have used on the previous layout!

My layout was looking a little bit flat {I'm a lumpy bumpy type person if you hadn't noticed!}
 so, not having any foam mounting tape to give a 3D effect that I wanted,
I thought what can I use to give some of my embellishments a lift...
BUTTONS of course - I have a billion of them that I will probably never use...
haha.... I have glued them on....

  

and wah-laaa.... I have some 3D embellishments!
One layer...

 or two...

 

As you can see I have used one of the fabulous Ephemera Die-Cuts as a title - perfect!
And to give it a bit more definition I decided to use one of the fabulous
new Becky Higgins Project Life Journalling Pens
- perfect for doodling around the letters...


as you can see...



NOW, my next layout I cannot show you the full page, as this is going to be for
 my August SFS Challenge {you will find it HERE on the 1st of August},
however, I can show you a few tips & tricks using MORE of the Ephemera....

First of all the actual packet had a fabulous cork pattern on it, so I just could not go
 past using it as a "matte" for my photo...

 
Yet again, I wanted to give a bit of dimension to my layout, so I have used the
"cut-off" bit from my photo matte,
folded it over and stuck it on the back of a die-cut ephemera...

as you can see {from the shadow} it gives a lift to the page...

Here I have used the ephemera arrows by clustering them, using the same type 
of embellishment gives a great effect and creates interest to a page too...


Another way to use your ephemera is by tucking it along the edge of your layout 
or patterned paper - as I have done below - 
I like to distress my paper, and as it has torn slightly a great way
 to take advantage of this 
{instead of it being a mistake!} 
is to tuck a little embellishments in there.


Again, using the same type of embellishment as the paper ties the layout together...


Last but not least...
is a little card I whipped up with MORE of the Ephemera
{sooooo MUCH in this kit! Love it!}

 

All I've done is smeared a bit of white paint onto some kraft cardstock
{little smaller than 6x4in} 
had a play around with the Ephemera pieces
- when I saw the "Thank You" I just KNEW I had to make a card...
 Once I was happy with the positioning, I have firstly sewn the doily
onto the kraft and gave a white border, and then stuck everything into position...
gluing it onto a blank card
{or you could use white cardstock - blank card not in the kit}

and yay a quick simple card :)

Well, I hope you've found some inspiration in using your diecut and/or label stickers
& I hope to see your layouts using the kit too :)

Can you believe I STILL have leftovers???
Keep your eyes out, you may see more
on the SFS Forum and/or SFS Facebook Page!

Happy Creating!

xo Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment