Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Donna's What's on Wednesday!

Hi Girls! It's Donna here and it is my turn for What's on Wednesday.

There is no secret that I LOVE the Crafters Workshop templates and I am always on the look out for different ways to use them. So I thought I would share some of them with you today.

I have used a kids crayon with the mask to create a 'resist' effect. I have used white on the white card stock but I am sure that if you use a corresponding colour to your papers it would look great too. I then sprayed with Huey's mist and dabbed lightly with paper towel to take the excess off the crayon. I have used two different templates to get the effect I wanted.


I am a big fan of a bit of texture on my layouts and you can see on the last photo here that the crayon gives it that.

I am guilty of not cleaning my templates until I need them, ssshhhhhh! But! I thought I would spray it with water to 'rewet' the mists and then used it as a reverse template. 

  I love how it doesn't give the clean lines that I would have gotten if I used the template the 'normal' way.

Texture Paste is another one of my favourite techniques to use with templates. There is endless amounts of colour combinations if you add some paint to it.


I have then turned the template over and used it as a stamp with the left over coloured texture paste.
 

And here is the finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment